Sunday, January 25, 2009

Portland Radio Authority = Broadcast Genius


There is no specific music to accompany this article. What you will hear playing are the brilliant tunes of Greg Laswell, Newton Faulkner, & Justin Nozuka. Brilliant in the exact same way that the Internet broadcast of Portland Radio Authority is brilliant. Though I was brand new to this listening experience just tonight... it did not take long for me to realize it was shooting right to the top of my music life.

Portland Radio Authority (found at www.praradio.org on your world wide web dial) is a volunteer based Internet radio station that is as diverse as the city of Portland itself. A variety of personalities and music genres can be found here. The freedom the volunteer DJ's have to play great music is unmatched on your, (dare I say) obsolete FM radio. I stumbled across this station because an old friend of mine is the proud owner of the 4pm to 6pm slot on Sunday evenings. Matt Neff runs a show called "Fanfare" and he plays some of the best rock around. Artists that I'm sure most of you have never heard before but will desperately want the names of when you tune in next week. (something else I am sure you will do)

Even in the hour of radio I am currently listening to I have heard Marvin Gaye and now Styx. Proof positive that this radio station will give you the new music you have been longing to impress your friends with knowledge of and the old classics that your heart yearns for. I have a feeling that you... like me... will not be turning this station off. Other than when your boss nears your cubicle and the appearance of productivity takes priority over your daily vacations into great music.

So when you are done listening to the music posted on this page... and if you feel you have exhausted the current music Que on this sites sister blog www.ethos83radio.blogspot.com, head over to Portland Radio Authority and set up camp. Only.. this wilderness campground will have no signs posted thwarting your happiness by requiring all loud music to be turned off at 10pm. And the only wildlife around will be the burly rock and the vicious soul spun by Matt Neff, etal.

No comments: